Our partner is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
About the team:
The Listed Sales and Trading team is a diverse and global team with 200+ technologist (~30 in Budapest). We are responsible to build and manage some of the most critical trading platforms of the firm. We are working directly with our institutional clients (sales and trading desks, external clients) to help manage and transfer their risk.
We support fully automated low-latency order handling up to highly complex manual and customized workflow required by some of our advanced users.
What you will need to do in the role, and we will help you to do it:
- Our work is always client focused, our engineers are problem-solvers and innovators
- We are looking for an exceptional engineer to deliver our next generation Fixed Income eRates and eCredit services while being cloud-centric, leveraging micro-services architecture and aligned with our DevOps and Agile strategies
- We are looking for someone with systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a sense of ownership and drive
- The successful candidate will be able to influence and collaborate globally, adapt in a fast-paced changing environment
- We are looking for someone who is a strong team-player, has an entrepreneurial approach, creative and who will push the boundaries while managing risk appropriately
What skills and experience are essential for the position?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, technical science, or engineering with practical experience in software development
- Strong Computing fundamentals including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
If you have experience in one of these, it is a plus:
- Experience with software deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of open-source server platforms (Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch)
- Broad Understanding of DevOps tools and technologies (Git, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Experience with public cloud deployment and tool chain
- Experience with web standards (REST APIs, Web Security Mechanisms)
Why we think you will love working here:
- You can be part of a large technology team which maintains multi million lines of source code, continuously develops / deploys, complex features for a global system with thousands of services instances globally, which is part of an even more complex sales and trading software ecosystem. You can learn how we can keep up productivity, with an excellent track record of mitigating operation risk in such a complex environment
- You can join to a team which is heavily investing into the software infrastructure of our system e.g.: cloud migration, Devops, adopting cutting edge & open-source technologies available
- You can join to a continuously growing team with good track record of deploying strategical services, for new business lines, developing reusable software components while cooperating with a diverse client base
- We are not only invested in our clients & technology but also our people. We strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and have a healthy work-life balance. We have a casual work environment and a number of social activities
Budapest / home office
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact me…
+36 70 684 0053